Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Christmas gifts!

Yesterday morning, the first thing that came to my mind were the gifts I would have to buy for my team mates. I saw this cute calendar in a ceramic stand in Papemel' about 2 weeks ago. Though, back then I thought it's too early to buy 'em, and since that I don't have the budget for that yet. But then I've already decided that would be the best gift for my officemates. 'Coz I'd like to give something that would be useful. Since last week, we've started recieving gifts from some of my team mates. One gave us a handrest for your wrist, it's like a soft gel-filled pad which is really a comfy while moving your pc mouse. The other one gave us a large mug, which comes handy for coffee and bread breaks wherein you dip bread pieces in a hot coffee, yummy. (",)

Unfortunately just after a few days, I went back to the same store in Glorietta only to find out that they only have 2 pieces left. I need about 19 pieces. Good thing Mike stayed over and yesterday morning he thought of calling Papemel' branches to check where there could still be products available. We found our luck, only one store out of about 5 still have enough. After taking our lunch, we checked out SM centerpoint, and there I bought enough. Though the sales lady said they do not print names on them. I was surprised, and I said the one in Glorietta said they personalise their calendar and print names for free. Then they said they don't know how to. I was upset. Then we went to Glorietta, supposedly only to look for Mike's gift for his officemate at Starbucks, 'cause unbelievably there's no Starbucks at SM Centerpoint. Good thing was, I decided to check out Papemel' at Glorietta because I forgot to include Cars who is a team mate of mine who just got married and she is currently on leave. Sadly, they have nothing left but a calendar poster. I just decided to buy one for her when she gets back in January. And unexpectedly, the store agreed to personalise and print names on my 'lil gifts even if we didn't buy it from them. It's really nice to know that there are still those that really provide excelent customer service, and the lady who assisted us was friendly and accomodating. She should get promoted at once. Hehehe... (",) After 30 minutes, after checking some stores in a very crowded mall, we claimed the items and had our early dinner at KFC.


When we got home, we noticed that it would be so plain putting the items on the ussual Papemel' paper bag. I remembered that we still have some "bayong" bags left over from our advertising project, and with spare paper twines with Mike's help we manage to make quite impressive packaging for my 'lil gifts. I'm satisfied with the result. (",)

I'd like to end today's blog with this quote by
Kahlil Gibran: "Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need."

Have a happy holidays everyone!

No comments: